Makeup Removal & Skin care

We all love a good waterproof mascara right? but what about when it really needs to come off & all the wipes in the world just wont do the job?





Having Sensitive skin in certain area's can make it tricky for me removing makeup, especially from around the eye area. Here i am going to review and talk about the products i already use and new products i also have!

Firstly, when fresh out the shower and not wearing makeup. I use Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Gel wash, with wet hands i apply a little to my palm, rub around my hands till it foams slightly then apply to my face in circular motions and then rinse off. I have used Garnier products for so long as when i was younger and experimenting with products/makeup everyone i knew in the 90's owned Garnier products and i am pretty sure everyone still does. Next i use Garnier Skin Naturals deep clean cream wash while the face is still damp- focusing on my nose chin and T-zone. Rinse thoroughly, this product gently unclogs pores and is ideal for sensitive skin also. My pores are never to noticeable but its best to keep them clear to avoid this happening. 

Once my face is clean and dry i apply Nivea Men post shave balm on my cheeks and forehead as this really soothes the skin which you need after a lot of skin treatment and some times glitter makeup. I am currently trying to grow out my eyebrows as they are very light and fine! So on my eyebrows i apply a little Palmer's cocoa butter formula with Vitamin E And the Vitamin E is why, it is said to help with hair growth! I do also apply a lot of cocoa butter on my legs in the summer to keep them hydrated i just hope the hair growth effect works more on my brows than my legs haha. Next i add a small amount of The Refinery Anti-ageing revitalising moisturiser under my eyes, unfortunately they've been pretty sore lately and honestly i am not sure if its to much face glitter or lack of sleep? But this product seems to be the current solution to the pain along with a cold flannel to reduce inflammation.

For my lips i apply either Nivea Hydro care lip balm or Boots essentials lip salve, both are clear and SPF 15, By far my favourite lip care products and i also apply either before matte lipstick. Then 2 or 3 sprays off Revolution Aqua Priming base over my entire face, apply Make up look and TaDa.

Now to take it all off again! Most makeup wipes i use leave my face bright red and blotchy, however one brand i can use, PS... Primark which is incredibly lucky as its 2 packs for £1, bonus. If i make a small makeup mistake with liner for example these are great to erase mistakes, I currently use PS...Micellar Facial Cleansing wipes for all skin types including sensitive, for those looking to buy these wipes they are the white and pink packaging as i know they do a few others also for different skin types etc. At the end of a busy day with a full face glam look it can be tiring to attempt to remove every spec of mascara with a thin wipe tho, wipes are great to remove small mistakes or tidy up lines but to remove everything you need a face halo. 


So Face Halo recently sent me a 3x pack of the face halo make up removers, Me being me, thought it would be like a hand warmer with an activating button in the middle letting out cleanser of some sort. so i opened the packaging and read the leaflets it came with while searching for a button. But no its just like a flannel with thin fibres and you just add water, Honestly i didn't have much belief as i thought why wouldn't my other cloths have the same effect? Gaaaaal it worked miracles, once used you just throw it in the washing machine then use again. The best part is it can last up to 200 washes if you take care of them! I know for a fact this will save me a lot of money in the long run and also be good for my skin using less cleansing products so big thank you to face halo! 

Top: Miss Selfridge http://www.missselfridge.com/?geoip=home
Earrings: Primark
Nail Polish: L'Oreal Paris Shade- 442 Coral Trianon
Perfume: Nina by Nina Ricci  Beff xox 





Comments

Popular Posts