July Makeup Finds

This blog post will feature a number of new products i have used this month!

I few of the new items i will talk about our: Chella eyeliner & heated eyelash curler, The Montagne face masks & Mac foundation, so if these are products you would like to know more about then pls continue reading....



So i tried the montagne jeunesse face masks, first the black out peel off mask 'an enchanting delight for sparkling soft skin'. I cleansed my face then applied with a flat foundation brush all over focusing on my nose. The reason i bought this mask is because i have seen so many black peel off masks on Instagram that seem to really do the job and i just wanted to insure all my pores were clear and hoped this would have the same effect, sadly it didn't. After 25 mins you can peel the mask from your face and this product/brand wasn't at all painful and did not leave behind any residue which is good but it also did not do anything else to my face either! I was really disappointed with this face mask but i will try another black peel out mask by a different brand. 2 days later i tried the Montagne jeunesse Majestic charcoal mud 'A powerful pore detox for clear, gorgeous skin' again cleansing my face before applying with a flat foundation brush. Leave on the skin for 15-20 minutes then rinse, i could instantly see a difference after this mask compared to the black peel out one. My skin felt smoother and also a lot more tight around my t-zone, looking up close i could see my pores were clear but very open so i soaked my face in some cold water to insure my pores didn't stay open to bacteria. I would defiantly use the charcoal mud mask again and recommend trying it just not so much the first one!

Black out Peel off mask
Normally i use Rimmel London eyeliner or just a cheap liquid eyeliner pot with a brush as i struggle to use gel or pencil liners sadly due to my shaky hands. Chella Recently sent me a black liquid eyeliner pen to sample, The Tip is just like a felt tip pen so for me it was ideal to use! As yano tips are what to we learn to draw our lines with any way in little school, felt like an instant pro gliding this on my eyelids so easy. The point is perfect for a thin wing or flick at the edge of the lashes. Another
Reason i like this eyeliner is because its very jet black! when applying some liquid liners on top of cream shadow the colours tend to fade together and the liner wont seem as dark but this sits right on top of the other makeup and pops! They also sent me a heated eyelash curler, As you may of read in previous posts i do use an eyelash curler but never before a heated one, as you can imagine my first thought was that i would burn my lashes off? So i took it out the box and it comes with a battery ready to set up, once the battery is in, on the side is a switch to turn the curler on and off which can not be slid unless the lid/cap is removed. Once On the green light will shine then wait around 20 seconds for the curler to heat up, Then place on the lashes and tilt them back/upwards towards to lid for around 10 seconds. Do this to both eyes 1 or 2 times, 3 at the most depending on the look you wish to achieve. Switch of the curler and allow to cool before replacing the lid. I still have lashes, I repeat, no beffs were harmed in the heating of these lashes! Worked wonders, i felt like id just had extensions put on my lashes they were 3 double D, i have continued to use the heated eyelash curler regularly, you can not feel the heat on your lash or lid which is good (and my main worry) I can this product becoming very popular and mainstream in makeup use. https://www.chella.com/

Last week i went shopping in oxford and i wanted to speak to some of the girlies at the beauty counters and explain how i do blogging/product reviews to see if they had any samples i could try out as i cant afford to buy every new products, who can? Or maybe just some more information on the brand, upcoming events, that sorta thing really.
 I have always been a bit unsure about using mac products due to animal testing etc, but i decided to go into the mac store at the bottom of oxford Debenhams and see what i could find out! I told the lady all about my blog and how i felt towards mac and she explained to me how the products here in the UK from mac have not been tested on animals and they are always researching new ways to test products without harming animals(if you read this kind lady from mac)thank you so much for helping me out and telling me more info on the brand i felt this was great costumer service. I left with two foundation samples in hand and headed upstairs to try the benefit counter next.... Sadly they were not as helpful :( They had no information on upcoming events, no informative leaflets, no one tried to ask what products i was interested in looking at, no one actually approached me at all or even made eye contact. Due to my anxiety it actually made me feel more nervous approaching these people to actually talk about makeup although this is what they were selling not me? I do love benefit, i am not at all slating the brand as when ive visited Newbury benefit brow bar i have felt so welcomed and would love to return if it wasn't such a distance from my current house! I believe this was just poor customer service, maybe next time will be different. Trying the mac foundation- So the foundation i was given was 2 sample pots of the studio fix fluid in shades NC10 & NC20, NC10 being the lighter shade i decided to use this first as i am always struggling to find a very light toned foundation that matches my skin. The Shade is perfect for me, i nearly cried when applying this, matched my skin so much! The coverage is amazing and dries nicely on the face also it isn't at all sticky or wet looking. Now i have tried mac i really understand what all the fuss is about.... I will be buying the full size foundation asap.


While in oxford i also stocked up on new chokers! Claire's are always doing awesome deals like buy 3 get 3 free or 3 for a fiver, the quality of the products are not always the best but you have to have a good look around and dig through for the winners (alot like tkmaxx). I have recently got some new lashes from millions beauty, i am just waiting on some new adhesive to arrive then i will be doing a new look with those, until then go check them out! https://www.millionsbeauty.co.uk/

Cheers for reading you beautiful people! 

Beff xox 

Comments

Popular Posts